For, on the face of it the word Mosc or 'Matter of spiritual category' just gives the impression of a form of matter, while, on the other hand, I seem to leave no doubt in reader's mind that I too equate it with the same One or God when I say in my last line, "we shall merge indistinguishably again into Mosc..." Obviously then all will become One.
Yes, indeed, I equate Mosc with God as well.
But...What is God..."what no mind ever conceived?"
Obviously, if no mind ever conceived "It," It is all things to all people.
This led me to see what the three main systems of knowledge i.e., science, philosophy and mysticism conceived of it, of this essentially One something.
(Of course I myself had no doubt about "It" ever since I had what I call my first experience of Oneness but of that I will say something later.)
Study and reflections on these lines left me in no doubt that science conceived of this over-arching something as Supersymmetry, Superspace, Superforce etc; philosophy conceived of it as Supersystem, Substance and mysticism conceived of the same One as Spirit, Soul besides so many other names of course.
Since in essence they all were meaning the same One, I wanted to give it a common name such that it will stand for Supersymmetry etc for science, Substance for philosophy and Spirit for mysticism.
While I was thinking on these lines, a few words said by Russian Communist leader Lenin in the heat of post-quantum theory's discovery that there was nothing 'out there' in the name of matter, which seemed to directly challenge their concept of an objective world, were echoing again and again in my mind.

To counter the above challenge of quantum theory Lenin had said: "We take matter as a philosophical category."
I knew he was right but I also knew that he was wrong too. He was right so far as he meant that matter was out there independant of us, our observation, was out there in an objective sense in other words. But he was wrong so far as he thought that the matter ended there, that we can take it as a philosophical category and reflect over it and that is there is to it, for, the matter in fact went beyond in depth even by what by then was conceived by the obviously incomplete quantum theory or rather understanding. According to quantum theory the actual matter just converted into its virtual form but this was certainly not the end. It went even beyond the virtual form and that means up to which it could be thought upon, could be taken as a philosophical category. It just went into void, into what one may call its spiritual form.
So suddenly through all the above, when Lenin's words "we take matter as a philosophical category" were echoing in my mind pat came a rejoinder from a voice within me: "I will take matter which goes even beyond as the Matter of spiritual category, or in short, M.o.s.c or simply Mosc."
On further reflections it answered so well to my efforts to describe in one word which all three basic desciplines of knowledge i.e., science, philosophy and mysticism described differently as explained above. Thus Mosc became "Matter of spiritual category" for mysticism or people with religious persuasion, "Matter of supersymmetric category" for science or people with scientific bent of mind and "Matter of substantial category" for philosophy or people with philosophic bent of mind.
Below is given the paragraph inspired by the voice within as described above which I immediately wrote as I began writing my book (1990) which though editors did not fit anywhere later:
Lenin once said, "we materialists take matter as a philosophical category." That was, in fact, to incorporate in their materialistic interpretation of the objective world the field concept of the quantum theory. The days are perhaps coming when going yet deeper into matter we shall not find even fields. To that potent void of the ancients, to that true 'vacuum' I shall give the name of 'Matter of spiritual category.' Or in short Mosc. That will, of course, stand for 'Matter of supersymmetric category' for the scientists and 'Matter of substantial category' for the philosophers, for, after all, what will this supersomething be if it will not answer to the calls of all the three main segments of society i.e., scientists, philosophers and mysticis.
PS: Since at Mosc's level All is One, it also dons the role of consciousnes-as-such when things including the universe are born from it with big bang.
Great !!! i didn't thought about the thought behind coining the word MOSC, i just know about MOSC as you write here in last paragraph ,but why MATTER i come to know today.
ReplyDeleteI looking forward to read more informative posts :)
-gurvinder
Dear Harb,
ReplyDeleteCould it be that Mosc simply equates to oxygen?
Dear Guri, thank you, so my blog is doing its work I intend to, that is, to clear more and more of what I have written in the book.
ReplyDeleteDear Mieke, yes and no. Yes because Mosc is the essence of everything and hence of oxygen as well; yet no, because it cannot be equated with any particular thing in the usual way.
ReplyDeleteYet, there is an other way in which your observation can be right. There is a Sanskrit (language of the Hindus in the far past in which Vedas and Upanishadas were written, one of the oldest languages of the world)word "prana" which means life-essence but which a bit loosely translated also means life, breath, air, and that means oxygen. So in that sense, in the sense of Mosc being prana, it can be equated with oxygen.
Dear Harb,
ReplyDeleteI asked you this question about oxygen because
recently I have read an article in a popular
science magazine that states that science now
has discovered that oxygen and evolution go
hand in hand and that oxygen has made the giant
leaps in evolution possible.
Through paleontological investigation this has come to light.
From your explanation hereabove I understand that Prana, the life-essence, comes even
before that.
But Prana is the realization in oneself that cannot be proven, so this means to me that no
matter what one practices, be it philosophy, science or religion, in the end it is human being itself that has the solution within itself.
And that is the essence I have understood from
your book and that is contained in my essay on my website in which I was able to unite this
essence with my experience of the labyrinth.
I have also put this understanding on the Dutch part of my website and have managed now already to explain the first 8 chapters of your book
in Dutch in the way I have interpreted it.
We are that Matter, as a matter of fact :)
Love